CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
For the purpose of licencing in the above work class, a tile is a thin plate of irregular or regular shape made from fired clay, ceramics, moulded concrete, natural material or other similar manufactured material.
Wall and floor tiling is the affixing of tiles for functional or decorative use on external or internal building surfaces.
Wall and floor tiling works and materials can also include, but may not be limited to:
- Tiles made from rubber, cork, linoleum, or thermoplastics.
- Waterproofing of wet areas in readiness for tile laying.
- Preparation and minor repair (but not renewal or replacement) and insertion of expansion joints to surfaces before tiling.
(1) Completion of CPC31311 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling.
(2) Completion of any of the following qualifications:
- CPC31308 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling.
- BCG31303 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling
- BCG30198 Certificate III in Wall and Floor Tiling, TAFE course #8061.
- Qualification 11768 Certificate III in Tiling, Wall and Floor, TAFE course #2157.
- Certificate III in Tiling, Wall and Floor, Trade TAFE course #5123.
Previous license holders
If you have previously had a licence in the prescribed classes (Home Building Regulation 2004, clause 46, excluding subsection (1a)) and you ask for a new licence, that previous one will be accepted in lieu of current requirements of qualifications.
- Copy of 100 points of ID. (Driver's Licence or Passport, Credit card, Medicare card, etc.)
- Copy of Work Cover OHS White Card.
- Work and education resume.
- 50+ work photos on-site.
- 2 or 3 references from tradesmen such as a builder or carpenter.