Any work involved in the fixing, installation, renovation, alteration, repair and maintenance of guttering, downpipes, roof flashing and roof coverings, including metal walls and ceilings, on any building or structure (other than a non-habitable farm building) is declared to be roof plumbing work for the purposes of the Home Building Act 1989, except work in relation to coverings consisting of:
- non-metallic tiles and slates, or
- glass (being work usually performed by glaziers), or
- concrete, or
- timber and timber products, or
- thatching, or
- malthoid, bituminous or similar membrane material.
This includes the installation of skylights, ventilators and the like as well as the application of protective coatings, not involving structural alteration of roof members/components.
Completion of either of the following qualifications:
- CPC32611 Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
- CPC32411 Certificate III in Plumbing including the roofing stream.
Or, completion of any of the following superseded qualifications:
- CPC32608 Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
- CPC32408 Certificate III in Plumbing including the roofing stream
- Certificate III in Plumbing, TAFE course 1270
- BCP30303 Certificate III in Roof Plumbing
- BCP30103 Certificate III in Plumbing including the roofing stream
- Qualification 90119 Certificate III in Metal Roofing, Trade TAFE course #7997
· Qualification Certificate in Metal Roofing, Trade TAFE course #1424.
Modules for different plumbing streams
If an applicant holds a Certificate III in Plumbing BCP30103, CPC32408, or CPC32411, appropriate modules must have been completed from the course when applying for a licence or certificate in the class of Roof Plumbing.
Certain compulsory modules and a number of elective units must be completed to demonstrate an applicant meets the qualification requirements for the roofing services stream.
View or download in PDF format:
- List of modules to complete for Certificate III in Plumbing CPC32411 (size: 16kb)
- List of modules to complete for Certificate III in Plumbing CPC32408 (size: 16kb)
- List of modules to complete for Certificate III in Plumbing BCP30103 (size: 16kb).
Previous licence holders
If you have ever held a licence in the prescribed classes (Home Building Regulation 2004, clause 46, excluding subsection (1)(a)) and you apply for a new licence, your previous licence will be accepted in lieu of the current qualification requirements.
2. Copy of work Cover OHS White Card.
3. Resume of Education background and work history.
4. 50+ on site work photos.
5. 2 to 3 References from Industry professional. (e.g. Licenced Carpenter, Licenced Builder, etc)