Asbestos Awareness Training ACT-10675NAT
($300 for Chinese Students With Interpreter Fees Included)
This course provides the skills and knowledge necessary to identify asbestos containing materials (ACMs) or suspected ACMs, and to ensure that appropriate action is taken.
Topics covered include:
Identification of asbestos or asbestos containing materials; Why exposure to asbestos MUST be avoided; Emphasis on what to do if a suspected ACM is identified.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the properties of asbestos
- Understand the health risks associated with asbestos exposure
- Be aware of how asbestos is used, and the likely occurrences of asbestos
- Identify asbestos and asbestos containing materials (ACMs)
- Describe the safety requirements of working with asbestos
- Implement emergency procedures to manage an uncontrolled release.
All participants will be issued with a Statement of Attendance. As this is only a brief awareness course, a competency-based accreditation cannot be awarded.
This course does meet the requirements for professional development, as required by a number of trades, and may therefore be used to gain professional development points.