Work safely at Heights (CPCCCM2010B)Falling from a high position whilst at work is a major hazard for many different industries. People who work at heights must have the right training so they appreciate the risks and how to best manage them. This course is primarily for people who work at heights and use fall arrest equipment or safety harnesses or for people supervising others who work at heights.
The course is relevant to anybody involved in working at heights, whether they do it themselves or supervise others doing it.
Training Course Content
Participants will be trained in the following:
- What is work at heights?
- Risk Management.
- Hazard Identification.
- Fall risks.
- Anchor points.
- Harnesses and belts.
- Fall arrest equipment.
- Fall protection equipment.
- Calculating fall clearance.
- Accessing fall risk areas.
- Safe working on roofs.
- Calculating fall clearance, inspection care and maintenance of equipment.
At the end of the course, candidates will be able to
- Select suitable height safety equipment.
- Inspect height safety equipment.
- Wear and maintain safety equipment.
- Understand when not to use height safety equipment.
- Select a suitable anchor point and how to use it safely.
- Install and use fall restraint and arrest system.
- Care for and store height safety equipment.
- Identify correct rescue procedures.
- Understand legislation, Australian Standards, and Codes of Practice relevant to working at heights and fall prevention equipment.
Participants must bring White Card and a Photo ID (Passport or NSW Driver Licence, or NSW photo ID Card) and a USI NO (www.usi.gov.au) and wear correct safety clothing which includes: trousers, long sleeved shirt, safety boots, gloves, glasses, and helmet. If possible, participants should have their own safety harness.
Assessments & Awards
Participants who prove they’re competent by passing practical and theory assessments will get a Statement of Attainment: Work Safely at Height – CPCCCM2010B.
Participants must have enough numeracy and literacy skills to read and understand all instructions for safety in the workplace.
Bookings must be placed at least 1 day before the course starts.
Must bring Photo Identification.
Running on: By Appointment.
Duration: (1 Day).