Floating Image

CPC50220 Diploma Of Building And Construction Building

You are here :HomeTrade Recognition - RPLCPC50220 Diploma Of Building And Construction Building
CPC50220 Diploma Of Building And Construction Building
Price: $0.00

Course overview:

If you have a wide range of experience as a builder and want to get licensed, your licensing body may require you to complete a nationally recognised VET qualification through a registered training organisation. For many experienced tradies with on the job experience, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be a faster option to achieve a nationally recognised qualification without the need of leaving your work. RPL focuses on assessing workplace evidence collected and skills demonstrated to achieve a certificate in building and construction so you can apply for a building contractor license.

Adventage of RPL:

  • Fast: Get Qualified In Weeks Not Years
  • No stude: No Classroom Study Required
  • Recognised: Nationally Recognised Qualifications
  • Save $$$: Cost Effective Method of Attaining Your Qualification
  • Career: Enhanced Career Opportunities
  • Make $$$: Make More Money With New Revenue Streams

Any work that is residential building work under the Home Building Act 1989 which involves construction of a dwelling, or alterations or additions to a dwelling. It also includes repairing, renovating, decorating or applying protective treatment to a dwelling.

For licensing purposes, works considered to fall within the class of building include, but are not necessarily limited to:

  • garage, carport and shed construction/erection (including kits)
  • bathroom, kitchen or laundry renovations
  • swimming pool building and structural landscaping
  • screened, glass or pool enclosures
  • atriums, conservatories
  • house lifting (ie. permanently raising the height of an existing structure)
  • removal and resiting of dwellings
  • saunas and steam rooms.

Any contract for general building work can include any specialist work that is integral to the overall work, but such work must be carried out by the holder of an endorsed contractor licence or qualified supervisor certificate in the relevant category of specialist work.

Portfolio evidence:
  • Valid Identification
  • list showing relevant employment history
  • work samples and documents (tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
  • letter of employment
  • reference letters from licensed painters you have worked with
  • photos and videos of your work
  • overseas qualifications
  • related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
  • Apprenticeship papers (if available)
  • Reference letters from licensed builders you have worked with. If you are seeking an unrestricted builders licence in NSW, it is advisable that you have worked as an employee under a licensed building company and alongside a Qualified Building Supervisor for a minimum of 24months and during that time you were working on DA approved residential construction. Restricted licenses are available to those that do not readily meet the experience criteria. Speak to a course advisor to discuss.
  • Work samples and documents. This will include two residential sites (building classes 1 & 10) that you have been heavily involved in. You should be able to provide all major documents from council approvals, engineering certificates to related insurance papers and plans etc.
  • Work samples and documents (such as tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
  1. Our qualified RTO assessor will assess your skills and knowledge for each unit of competency.
  2. You may be asked by the assessor to perform various tasks for a practical observation at your work site.
  3. Where skills or knowledge gaps are identified, further assessment will be required.
Upon the successful completion of an RPL program through our Partner Registered Training Organisation - Meee Australia Pty Ltd T/A Building Trades Australia RTO Code 30979, the RTO will award you with a nationally recognised qualification 
CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction Building as a builder with completed required by your licensing body to be eligible to apply for your contractor trade license.


ComSec Training

ComSec Training is a well-known, well-supported provider of training services covering the greater western region of Sydney.

Get In Touch


(02) 9643 5911

(02) 9643 5966