If you have a wide range of experience as a builder and want to get licensed, your licensing body may require you to complete a nationally recognised VET qualification through a registered training organisation. For many experienced tradies with on the job experience, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be a faster option to achieve a nationally recognised qualification without the need of leaving your work. RPL focuses on assessing workplace evidence collected and skills demonstrated to achieve a certificate in building and construction so you can apply for a building contractor license.
Adventage of RPL:
- Fast: Get Qualified In Weeks Not Years
- No stude: No Classroom Study Required
- Recognised: Nationally Recognised Qualifications
- Save $$$: Cost Effective Method of Attaining Your Qualification
- Career: Enhanced Career Opportunities
- Make $$$: Make More Money With New Revenue Streams
- garage, carport and shed construction/erection (including kits)
- bathroom, kitchen or laundry renovations
- swimming pool building and structural landscaping
- screened, glass or pool enclosures
- atriums, conservatories
- house lifting (ie. permanently raising the height of an existing structure)
- removal and resiting of dwellings
- saunas and steam rooms.
- Valid Identification
- list showing relevant employment history
- work samples and documents (tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
- letter of employment
- reference letters from licensed painters you have worked with
- photos and videos of your work
- overseas qualifications
- related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
- Reference letters from licensed builders you have worked with. If you are seeking an unrestricted builders licence in NSW, it is advisable that you have worked as an employee under a licensed building company and alongside a Qualified Building Supervisor for a minimum of 24months and during that time you were working on DA approved residential construction. Restricted licenses are available to those that do not readily meet the experience criteria. Speak to a course advisor to discuss.
- Work samples and documents. This will include two residential sites (building classes 1 & 10) that you have been heavily involved in. You should be able to provide all major documents from council approvals, engineering certificates to related insurance papers and plans etc.
- Work samples and documents (such as tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
Upon the successful completion of an RPL program through our Partner Registered Training Organisation - Meee Australia Pty Ltd T/A Building Trades Australia RTO Code 30979, the RTO will award you with a nationally recognised qualification CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction Building as a builder with completed required by your licensing body to be eligible to apply for your contractor trade license.