If you have a wide range of experience as a carpenter and want to get licensed, your licensing body may require you to complete a nationally recognised VET qualification through a registered training organisation. For many experienced tradies with on the job experience, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) can be a faster option to achieve a nationally recognised qualification without the need of leaving your work. RPL focuses on assessing workplace evidence collected and skills demonstrated to achieve a certificate in plumbing.
- Water Plumbing
- Draining Work
- Gasfitting Work
- Fast: Get Qualified In Weeks Not Years
- No stude: No Classroom Study Required
- Recognised: Nationally Recognised Qualifications
- Save $$$: Cost Effective Method of Attaining Your Qualification
- Career: Enhanced Career Opportunities
- Make $$$: Make More Money With New Revenue Streams
- Water Plumbing involves work of water supply (being the construction, alteration, extension, disconnection, removal, maintenance, repair, renewal or clearing of any pipes or fittings of any water service connecting or intending to connect, directly or indirectly with a water main) including such work on pipes and fittings, whether or not connected or intended to be connected to a water main, that are in a building in which any part of the sewerage service is connected to an onsite wastewater management system
- Draining Work involves work of sanitary drainage being the construction, alteration, extension, disconnection, removal, maintenance, repair, renewal, ventilation, flushing or cleansing of any sanitary drain connecting, or intended to connect, directly or indirectly with a sewer. This includes work on a house drain connected to an onsite wastewater management system
- Gasfitting Work involves the installation, alteration, extension or repair of a gas installation, the installation, alteration, extension, removal or repair of any flue, the connection of a gas installation to, or the disconnection of a gas installation from, a gas supply point, the connection of a gas appliance to, or the disconnection of a gas appliance from, a gas installation (otherwise than where the point of connection is a gas outlet socket), the connection of a gas container, gas regulator or gas appliance to, or the disconnection of a gas container, gas regulator or gas appliance from, a gas installation (otherwise than where it is readily designed to be detachable from the installation, either with the use of a tool, mechanical force, or otherwise).
- Valid Identification
- List showing relevant employment history
- Work samples and documents (tender documents, invoices, quotations, plans, sketches etc)
- Letter of employment
- Reference letters from licensed painters you have worked with
- Photos and videos of your work
- Overseas qualifications
- Related licenses, short courses, accreditation, certificates, transcripts or assessments you have attained
- Apprenticeship papers (if available)
Upon the successful completion of an RPL program through a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), the RTO will award you with a nationally recognised qualification CPC32413 Cert III in Plumbing as a plumber with completed required by your licensing body to be eligible to apply for your contractor trade license.